It seems like almost every time I update my playlists I screw something up and they don’t work in my car. I use a 16GB flash drive and leave it plugged into my car all the time, unless I’m updating it of course. Apparently Ford’s sync system is pretty picky when it comes to the type of playlists it can read. I use MediaMonkey to manage my music and sync with my flash drive. I have a 2010 Ford Escape. I think it accepts a few different playlist types, but I use m3u. I put the playlist in the root of the device, not inside a folder. I leave every box unchecked except for relative paths. I just plugged it in to test it and it works. I was reading some forums and one of them did say that the version of MediaMonkey they were using broke the playlists. So in case that matters the version I’m on right now is 22.214.171.1241.
Spending hours slamming my head against my desk so you don't have to.
- Access 2003 Access 2010 active directory ATI AVG big desktop Chrome Cisco ASA Comcast connection filtering d-link dependency service dual boot encryption EnvyNG event viewer Excel 2010 exchange 2003 Exchange 2010 F-Secure Facebook Facebook Fixer Firefox Firewall Ford GFI Ghost Google Voice Greasemonkey group policy Hardy Heron homebrew channel Internet Explorer Intrepid Ibex Jaunty Jackalope Linksys MailEssentials Malwarebytes McAfee mediamonkey Microsoft Security Essentials MountImagePro mplayer ce Networking Novell Nvidia Opera Outlook 2007 Outlook 2010 PGP ProDiscover Basic rocketdock Sansa e280 Server 2003 Server 2008 Server 2012 shareport skype SQL Server Symantec Ubuntu Ultimate Windows Tweaker USAA utilities VirtualBox virtual machine VirtuaWin Visual Basic Wii Windows 7 Windows 8 windows firewall Windows Vista Windows XP Word 2010
- 350,474 hits
My Flickr Photos