A co-worker asked me how to turn off the annoying little beeps her computer makes even when she has her sound muted. The beeps were coming from the speaker on the motherboard and happened when she closed a document or whenever some sort of prompt would come up. I know this works for Windows XP. I’m not sure about Vista or Windows 7.
- Go to control panel (in classic view).
- Then go to system.
- Hardware tab, then device manager.
- Go to the view menu and click on show hidden devices.
- Click the + next to non-plug and play devices.
- Double-click on Beep and go to the driver tab.
- Click stop to disable it now.
- Under startup select disabled on the drop-down list. This will permanently disable it.